<VV> Fuel Seepage at Carb Inlet Fittings

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Thu Apr 24 22:48:35 EDT 2008

After 36 years of trying all kind of things to make the stock set up work,
I'm ready to take drastic measures. Here's what I figure: vibration, set up
down  the steel fuel lines, no matter how firmly the inlet nut is tightened,
eventually loosens the nut. Then, the threads, being basically an inclined
plane, once loosened, back out in the direction henceforth from which  installed.
I've tried all the regular, as-well-as irregular stuff: 1st  tightening the big
not (to carb), and then the fuel line fitting (while backing  up the big
nut); thread lock compound; Clark's deeper carb inlet nut; stock  fiber
washers...nearly stock, but copper-clad washers...and aluminum washers. If  I've missed
anything, please let me know, but all stated before is to hopefully  hold back
any standard "have you tried this, and have you tried that"  comments. What's
next: because my hypothesis is the inlet nut is backing out  ultimately due
to vibration, I'm going to insert a section of flexible  fuel line in the steel
lines leading to each carb. Questions: has anyone done  this? And, I want to
use braided fuel line (preferably Teflon  lined) designed and rated
specifically for fuel line service in an engine  compartment. Can anyone state a source
for flexible fuel line meeting these  specifications?

Much obliged,
Mike Mauro

listings at AOL Autos.