<VV> Vapor lock

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sun Apr 27 16:07:28 EDT 2008

In a message dated 4/27/2008 7:45:47 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
chartzel at comcast.net writes:

I agree  with Ron that a vehicle
being driven does not vapor lock.

I will agree that the Corvair is much less likely than other cars to have
vapor lock while running. However, most vehicles with a rear fuel tank, front
engine and engine mounted mechanical pump - can easily (Hot day, climbing
hills)  be prone to vapor lock. Once, when towing a Corvair race car with a
V8-engined Chevy Van, I had to remove the electric pump from the race  car and
install it on the Van (On the side of a freeway) to make it into  town. I powered
the pump off the taillight circuit. (Jackleg engineering, I  admit) - I made it
to the race! - Seth Emerson

listings at AOL Autos.