<VV> Loudly Ticking Engine--Possible Causes?

Roger Gault r.gault at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 27 22:18:48 EDT 2008

Yeah, I had to replace my lifters to keep them from doing that - after about
100,000 miles.  ;-)
I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.  It's pretty normal.  Notice it didn't
take long to find somebody here with the answer.

Actually, I kinda miss my old lifters.  Unlike you, I don't check my oil
often.  (I'm horrible about maintenance and oil changes.  I guess that's why
the engine is finally showing low oil pressure after only 290,000 miles -
probably the cam bearings are out of tolerance).  With my old ticking
lifters, I always knew when it got over a quart low.  Monday morning, "tick,
tick, tick...", drive to work (14 miles), still ticking - time to add oil.

Roger