<VV> 64 Monza Convertible For Sale

Barry Johnson barry.johnson at activant.com
Mon Apr 28 13:38:58 EDT 2008

> Over the weekend I stopped and looked at a '64 Monza that was for sale
> in Branson, Missouri on the strip.

I can improve on that one.

Located about 50 miles northwest of downtown Chicago (Illinois), I've
got a 64 Monza triple-black convertible (black exterior, interior & top)
that I'm putting up for sale.  I like it quite a bit, but I need to
clear a spot in the garage and raise money to work on my '65 sedan. (One
of the two has to go, and I've finally decided I'm a 'late' guy).

It's mechanically sound and the body is in fairly good condition.  The
previous owner's paint job has flaked off in a few spots below the rear
window, and the right front fender needs some rework (looks like the
fender was replaced but someone did a poor job of welding it in).  The
floor pans need some work, but I've bounced on the rocker panels with
the door open and they seem solid.

VIN 40967W238386. Body tag says it was built 2nd week of April '64
(04B); Willow Run 20378.

110 hp engine, 4-speed; starts and runs well; gets about 23 mpg.
Interior is pretty good -- there's one small tear (about 1" long) on a
cardboard panel below the left rear window.  No rips on any of the
seats.  Carpeting appears to be an aftermarket replacement.  Top is in
good shape, but doesn't have a boot and it needs a new bow weatherstrip.
The previous owner apparently unscrewed the mast of the rear antenna
before putting on a car cover, and I haven't found a suitable
replacement.  Radio appears to be original and works surprisingly well
considering the missing antenna mast.

lclc went over the car head to toe last spring -- replaced seals,
brakes, harmonic balancer, corrected numerous little things from the PO
here and there.  His invoice was about seven pages long -- happy to show
anyone upon request.

I'd like to get between $3,500 and $4,000 -- that's quite a bit less
than I've put into it, but I think that's probably a fair price.

Will be submitted to the CORSA classified ads after I take some pictures
(once it stops raining).

baj
Barry Johnson
barry.johnson at activant.com
Lake in the Hills, IL
847-854-2623

Notice: This transmission is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential and/or privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this transmission and any attachments and notify the sender by return email immediately.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.