<VV> Gas for cleaning - propane for painting

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 28 16:46:19 EDT 2008

>I also remember a friend cleaning the floor of his father's garage with gasoline ...

Standard service station practice of the time -- major mistake was that
the overhead door was closed  -- "blew him through the closed overhead
door" (compressor probably wasn't turned off, either) -- gota do it with
the doors open!  And we did use "solvent" instaead of gas, and then
cleaning up the solvent with  rice hull ash (aka Grease Sweep) made the
floor look nearly new.

Rick Mahaffey relates the same story --
http://www.potters.org/subject95729.htm

likewise, if you want to ventilate a paint booth / space, you are far
better off to blow warm filtered fresh air into the space than trying to
suck it out -- that is sorta like sucking gas outa a pan with a vacuum
cleaner  ...  expensive entertainment these days!

Bill Strickland