<VV> Rear wheel hop during autocrossing

Ebarr19 at aol.com Ebarr19 at aol.com
Mon Apr 28 18:11:37 EDT 2008

I and others noticed rear wheel hop during cornering while autocrossing at
St. Augustine, I had noticed it before but not as bad as this year ( maybe due
to better tires and increased speeds ) . After talking with others they said
maybe using stronger springs and adjustable shocks would help??
  This is a 63 coupe with a 64 rear suspension that the last owner had
installed, while looking under it with all 4 wheels on the ground I noticed a  3/8"
gap between the lower rubber bushing and the crossmember where it  bolts to
the body, After putting it on  jackstands the gap is between  body and the
upper rubber bushing. The sleeve is 11/4" in length and the bolts  were tight,
which means the crossmember moves up and down. ( the bushings don't  look like
they are overly compressed, the bottom is 1/2" the top 3/8'  )
 My question is, is this normal or is there a difference  in sleeves from 63
to 64 models and can I cut 3/8" off the sleeve to  reduce this slop movement
????
 Thanks
 Gene Barr
63 coupe ( GEEZER ) autocross car