<VV> Starting a Car That Has Been Sitting for a couple of weeks

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 30 21:26:18 EDT 2008

                                         B"H

Normally if my 69 Monza sits for more than a day or
two, it takes quite a few tries to start it.

I left her in the garage for 2 weeks while we were on
vacation FL.

When I returned, I checked the battery (fully charged,
disconnected before we left).  Then, I disconnected
the coil wire from the distributor, set the auto
choke, pumped the gas twice, and cranked the engine
about 4 times, each time for about 4 seconds.  I was
hoping to fill the carb bowls with gas by cranking
(and operating the fuel pump).

WHen I connected the coil wire, the engine started
instantly.

Regards to all.  Weather's getting nice, time to get
our Vairs out in the open!...Bill Hershkowitz 69 Monza
110 PG