<VV> [FC] Corvair Research

Dave Keillor dkeillor at tconcepts.com
Wed Apr 30 21:38:43 EDT 2008

The disaster was not the Corvair, but the way GM (actually its outside
counsel) handled the Ralph debacle.  GM in those days used outside
attorneys to handle stuff like product liability suits.  According to
reliable inside sources it was one of these outside attorneys who hired
a bungling private eye to "get the goods on Ralphie".  This included
tempting him with bimbos in whom, it turned out, he had no interest.
The GM Chairman ended up apologizing to a congressional investigating
committee.  That was the egg-on-face that launched Ralph on the way to
stardom.

Dave Keillor