<VV> Carb update

Stephen Upham contactsmu at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 2 04:15:11 EDT 2008

I'm one tired, but cautiously optimistic rookie Corvair mechanic.  I
got the new air horn cleaned and installed.  I then had a gas leak on
the connection to the new part.  I solved that, balanced the carbs,
and she started, ran a little rough, and then evened out.  Most
importantly, she didn't die.  I wasn't able to take her for a spin as
it was two in the morning, but I'm set to take her for a spin as soon
as I wake up later today, hopefully around 8:00 a.m.  I'll keep you
informed.

Stephen "three more campaign ribbons for rookie repair of brake
cylinders and lines, leaking carbs and an electric fuel pump upgrade"
Upham

I wonder what my dad, the Corvair mechanic / maven whose car I'm
working on, would think if he were here.