<VV> Minneapolis and back / Saga of the "Rising Fan"

PatioMatt at aol.com PatioMatt at aol.com
Sat Aug 2 17:21:26 EDT 2008

Too bad it wasn't a Turbo!!

_http://corvaircenter.com/phorum/download.php?153903,22157/Canon+160+%5B640x48
0%5D.jpg_
(http://corvaircenter.com/phorum/download.php?153903,22157/Canon+160+[640x480].jpg)

Car was driven this way for many miles!

Matt

In a message dated 8/2/2008 2:14:33 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
hmlinc at sbcglobal.net writes:

Sure  enough, the fan bearing has walked upward and is holding the throttle
cross shaft open.  Removed the air cleaner, pounded it back down with  a
rubber mallet, reinstalled the air cleaner - and off we go.  Ten to  fifteen
mile later, same thing - Oh, this is going to be a LONG  trip!  This time, I
left the cross pieces in place (a 140) and parked  the air cleaner on top of
the spare.  I reached the fan pulley with  the end of the mallet handle and
bonked the bearing down again.   After that, I kept the speed under 60 and
only had that happen one more  time.

Read reviews on AOL Autos.