<VV> Arcing wires in the dark

Clark Hartzel chartzel at comcast.net
Tue Aug 5 16:21:20 EDT 2008

Before I went to the Olympics I noticed the harmonic balancer on my
engine was suspect.  The marks hadn't slipped yet but I said "it will
certainly fail the first day there"
I found a rebuilt one in my stash and installed it to be safe.  After I
started the engine I noticed arcing/sparks jumping from the balancer to
the timing housing.  Weirdest thing I've ever seen (other than looking
in a mirror).  It must have been static electricity as there is no
electrical connection I could find!  It didn't bother anything and the
engine ran fine the whole event.
Clark Hartzel