<VV> Electrical gremlins

Corvkid50 at aol.com Corvkid50 at aol.com
Tue Aug 5 19:51:15 EDT 2008

I just got this 66 110 running and had trouble getting it to idle. Changed
carbs, fuel pump, Plugs and nothing fixed it. Ran good but would not idle. I
noticed the alt was hot to the touch so I unplugged the square plug and now it
idles down and runs perfect. As soon as I plug it back in it dogs down and
kills  the engine. I am going to have the Alt checked out but any guesses if
it's the  alt or something else? I'm not too keen on the electrical part. Also
with that  unplugged the Alt does not get hot.
Thanks in advance!!
Ron T

Read reviews on AOL Autos.