<VV> VV - Ignition?? Pertronix??

P.H. Raker n556p at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 6 09:44:10 EDT 2008

Dan,
     You're correct about how the Pertronix mounts.  I had thought about that as a possible problem.  I don't have a timing light so haven't done the check as you suggest.  I did, however, remove the "points" plate and checked the centrifugal advance weights.  There is some wear, but all moves (and returns) smoothly through the full range of motion.  There is no rusty, gummy, or nasty in this distributor, as far as I can determine.
     I also checked the vacuum advance.  It works as it's supposed to.  Next suggestion??
     Phil