<VV> Rising Fan and free 140

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 7 00:55:04 EDT 2008

After the Minneapolis trip and the rising fan syndrome, I decided that I
need a more permanent fix than just pounding the thing back into place.  My
plan is to have a top cover with new bearing installed ready to go.  This
way I can still drive the car locally until I set a day to fix it right.

There's a top cover in my stash - I'll just clean that up and use that one!
Well, once clean - what appears to be a nasty crack showed it's ugly self.
Plan B hatches...  There is a 140 stuffed up under the work bench that was
given to me roughly 10 years ago.  I know the crank does not turn, but I
really don't know why.  Let's get that top cover off and satisfy my 10 year
curiosity at the same time.

So, hear is what a free 140 might look like with the cover off.

http://flickr.com/photos/18968896@N04/sets/72157606584656176/

If the link does not work, let me know and I'll try to fix it.

Later, JR