<VV> Meters vs Test Lights

PatioMatt at aol.com PatioMatt at aol.com
Fri Aug 8 11:27:31 EDT 2008

In a message dated 8/8/2008 8:00:35 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
HallGrenn at aol.com writes:

That's why you have to measure the voltage DROP  in  the wire  going to the
device with the device turned ON.

In the 60's we kids only had test lights...  working in a carlot  soon taught
me that the brightness of the bulb meant something!

Someone alerted me to the fact that a 10 volt bulb would work on 6 / 8 /  12
volt systems without burning out...now I only needed one test  light...

When I went to work in a production facility wiring complex industrial
turbine packages... we had no POWER....

People used the old Lantern  6 volt batteries to power one of a  1,000 wires
to TEST before sending to final assembly

Only when I went to work in the Production TEST cells where we  actually  ran
the packages..I was REQUIRED to have a meter!   $300  and was big as a  DVD
player...

Now we can buy a pocket meter for $2.99  that does more!

Matt  Nall
All Vairs!
_http://members.aol.com/patiomatt_ (http://members.aol.com/patiomatt)
somewhere  between Sea Mountain and Coos Bay.  OR.

Read reviews on AOL Autos.