<VV> Metal question, not necessarily Corvair

Marc Sheridan sheridanma1966 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 14:30:35 EDT 2008

Being Corvair owners, we know that dissimilar metals can bond themselves
together if they are in close contact. That is why we use anti-seize
compound when we put steel into aluminum, but sometimes we forget :o). My
bicycle has an aluminum seat post in a steel seat tube. While looking for a
creaking noise, I discovered that I forgot to use anti-seize in this
situation, because the seat post won't budge

Has anyone found a way or a chemical that will break that bond? I've been
shooting PB Blaster on it everyday for weeks and it still won't move. Heat
is out of the question because it would ruin the paint and I can still ride
it the way it is. I'd just like to get it freed in case I do want to adjust
it for some reason.

Thanks for your help.

Marc Sheridan
'03 Bianchi Verata