<VV> PG upshift issue

cfm cfmann at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 11 09:53:36 EDT 2008

Hello all,
I posted this once just recently, didn't get as many replies as I had hoped so I'll try attempt again but boil it down (previous was lengthy, entitled Pg fixin').
I have been having issues with my 110/pg upshifting into second gear.
I had checked to most basic things, like enough fluid, and maybe a clogged modulator vacuum line, excreta. Of which both checked out OK. And the problem persisted.
Bought a new modulator, gaskets from one of our vendors, and opened the pan to check the manual valve adjustment (I bought the tool too)
Instructions in shop manual clearly state to insert tool into manual valve bore and turn it so slightly to engage the channel that the pin is to stop on.
I can't even get the tool into the hole because the manual valve piston head prevents this from happening.
Should I loosen the lock nut at this point and push the piston back?
-chris mann
69 monza convertible 110/pg