<VV> Instrument panel lights stopped working on a 65

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Mon Aug 11 16:29:53 EDT 2008

Travis,
    Just "short out" the variable resistor in the light  switch by
temporarily connecting a wire across the resistor terminals.  If  the panel lights come
on at full brightness then you know that the resistor is  no longer
functioning.  If the lights still don't work then your problem  lies elsewhere.
    With the switch in position trying to turn on the  lights, use a
voltmeter to trace voltage in the lighting circuit from the fuse  through the switch
to the bulbs until you find the location where the voltage  disappears.
    Frank "try before buy" Burkhard

In a message dated 8/11/2008 12:16:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time,