<VV> Question? Re: voltmeter problem solved

JVHRoberts at aol.com JVHRoberts at aol.com
Mon Aug 11 17:12:24 EDT 2008

Given that nearly ALL hand held voltmeters are digital, they need a battery
for all functions.

In a message dated 8/11/2008 3:32:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
FrankCB at aol.com writes:

Guys,
Why does a voltmeter need a battery in the  meter  case in order to
measure external voltage???  Measuring  resistance does  need an internal
battery,
but what function does the  same battery serve in  measuring an external
VOLTAGE?
Frank "old, but still trying to learn"  Burkhard

In a message  dated 8/11/2008 2:50:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time,