<VV> voltmeter problem explanation

John McMahon latin81 at comcast.net
Mon Aug 11 21:56:22 EDT 2008

Hi,

Some people have asked what the original problem was with my digital
voltmeter.  It was NOT that it wasn't working at all, but that when I tried
to measure the voltage with the motor on, the reading was all over the
place, just a bunch of random numbers flashing.  If the motor was off, it
read just fine.  I don't have the time to learn exactly why a battery is
needed for this, but I am grateful for the experts on the list who chimed in
to give me the executive summary.  Viva VV!

Thanks again,

John