<VV> no gen light

Keith Hammett k.j_hammett at att.net
Tue Aug 12 21:26:38 EDT 2008

Allright I did some checking and I have one wire that is 12 volts to ground and also to other wire at light when the ignition is on.  This should mean that the bulb should light up when put in.  Even though the bulb tested good (ohmed out) I went ahead and put in a known good one, still did not light up!  Cleaned contacts and still no light.  What am I missing?
The hot wire is the 20ga Tan (pg 8-40 fig 8-69 of 61 shop).  This is hooked to the ign switch according to diagram.  The other wire (20ga Brown) goes to the "A" terminal on the gen (which is now the #1 on the Alt.
Keith (confused) Hammett