<VV> Crank breakage.(no Corvair)

Dave Thompson dave.thompson at verizon.net
Tue Aug 12 23:43:56 EDT 2008

Warren,

The prop is from our ultralight airplane from back in the 70's. I overshot a
grass runway on landing and the wheels dug into some mud. I nosed over
breaking the prop and bending two tubes. She was repaired and back in the
air the next weekend. I had to paint the outside of the house to pay Dad
back for the $600.00 prop. He also made me take some more lessons in our
Cessna 172 before he allowed me to fly pilot in command again (safety
first). Dad lost his hearing back in the 80's and couldn't fly so he sold
all three planes.

Dave (Can't afford an airplane so I got a Corvair) Thompson

[SNIP]
You're scaring me about the ultra light propeller!!

My "Folly Wall" is very crowded.

Warren
[SNIP]

You'll have to hang the crank on the shop wall.
I have a bashed up motorcycle helmet and a broken ultralight airplane
ropeller hanging on my shop wall. I have before and after pictures of the
wo vehicles hanging under them. No room on the wall for the broken snow
kis. (SMILE)
Dave Thompson
estminster, Ca