<VV> major oil leak in newly rebuilt 110 PG in a 66 Monza

D. Monasterio dmonasterio at megared.net.mx
Wed Aug 13 15:23:56 EDT 2008

Jedd,
   Is it engine oil or transmission oil ? I've heard that noise on my 64 GB, PG powertrain some times at shutting off the engine but, no leaks. Did you checked the PG oil ? It seems to me not engine related but PG.

   Daniel Monasterio

<<.....When I got back in my shop andturned off the engine, I heard a noise reminiscent of a horse relieving
himself after a long drink at the water trough!  Much to my horror, I saw
that oil had leaked out in a steady stream.  It was too hot to crawl
underneath and get a close look, I will do that tonight.  From what I can
see, it looks like the leak is where the front of the engine mates to the
bell housing.

It looked like it dropped about a quart in a period of two minutes or so,
then stopped.  I checked the dipstick and still had oil above the  "add"
line, so maybe it wasn't actually a quart on my floor.  I started the engine
again and watched - sure enough, there was a small stream of oil leaking.  I
shut the engine off after 15-20 seconds and the volume/speed of oil leaking
out actually increased once the engine was off.  Again, it drained out a
good amount and then stopped......>>