<VV> freeing stuck parts answer you dont want to hear

Kenneth E Pepke kenpepke at juno.com
Sat Aug 16 08:25:09 EDT 2008

As aluminum oxidizes it does become less dense ... meaning
any given volume becomes greater.  The longer it continues
the greater the change.

I suppose it is worth
trying all the previously suggested methods to loosen the
seat post but the expansion of the aluminum is likely going to
be greater than the amount of difference that heat / cold will
change the parts.  In the end you are either going to have to live
with it as is or saw off the seat post and drill it out :-(
Ken P