<VV> Importance of seat belts

Secular rusecular at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 17 22:05:36 EDT 2008

  Some folks "may" have that rare talent of foretelling the type of car
  accident they might get into, I envy them --  that's why I DO buckle up !

  Any hooo, in case the chaplain failed to convince you, here's some
  more reasons not to depend on divination skills:
    80% of all death to children in a motor vehicle accident could be
    prevented by properly securing the safety harnesses and
    seatbelts. (James Madison University)

    As many as 17,000 people could be saved every year by wearing
    a seatbelt. (James Madison University)

    For survivors, average medical costs are 50% higher for those not
    wearing a seatbelt. (Car-Accidents.com)

    Of the 32,598 passengers killed in 2002 as the result of an automobile
    crash, almost 60% were not wearing seatbelts. (Naval Safety Center)

    Only 1% of passengers who were restrained were ejected from
    car seats during a car crash. Of those ejected (restrained and
    unrestrained), 73% were killed. (Naval Safety Center)

  Source:

  http://tinyurl.com/5mg59t

  Tony Irani