<VV> Faded Belts

ScottyGrover at aol.com ScottyGrover at aol.com
Mon Aug 18 19:33:16 EDT 2008

In a message dated 8/18/2008 2:28:41 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
corvairduval at cox.net writes:

The  conclusion? The new belts took the most force to break, but even the
faded, frazzled and chewed one took more force to break it than a human
could impart to it and survive.

Your milage may vary,

Frank  DuVal

On  7 January, 2008, I had the steering freeze on my '65 ragtop and  rammed a
post on a roadside steel fence.  Not fast, I had just pulled out  of a
parking space and was making  a 180 which turned into a 270, but there  was bruising
impact.  When I went to undo my seatbelt, I found that it had  torn in half
from the impact.  The unit was not "faded, frazzled and  chewed" but was the
original belt (or it was the one I had had on the car since  I bought it in
'72.) Maybe I was just plain lucky to survive the accident with  bruises
(particularly on my paunch) but the breaking definitely surprised  me.  Needless to
say, the car I bought to replace it has NEW belts (at  least according to the
'Vair dealer that sold me the car.)

Scotty from Hollyweird

deal here.