<VV> Used motor mount on ebay

Bruce Schug bwschug at charter.net
Tue Aug 19 14:12:32 EDT 2008

I was intrigued with the following used motor mount listed on ebay:

http://tinyurl.com/6x64cq

Looking at the part, it appears to be a failed unit. I sent the
following message to the seller:

"This appears to be a failed mount as it is dropped and the rubber
doesn't peak on top but on the bottom. You are representing it as a
good mount. Am I correct?"

I received the following reply:

"Unit is a 42 year-old used part but was holding the engine in the car
it was removed from. No guarantee on used parts that's why price is
cheap. I recommend you buy a rebuilt unit for around $200.00 to be
sure you get what you want."

I understand the part is being sold as a used part with no guarantee,
but it's one thing to sell a good, serviceable used part and another
to sell a failed, possibly dangerous part.

To me, this doesn't say much for this vendor.

Bruce

Bruce W. Schug
Treasurer & Membership Chairman
CORSA South Carolina