<VV> Corvair Sales Market

Gary Rinehart doduckinn at centurytel.net
Tue Aug 19 18:31:37 EDT 2008

I realize gas prices are high but should that fact impact the Sales Market for restored Corvair.  i.e. a Black 65 Corsa Conv, (now withdrawn)
fully restored with no activity with a Buy-it-now price of $12,995.00

You've got to know that the Seller has at least $20k/$25k in the car.  Compared to a $5k car that a person buys and takes 1/2 years out of his/her life to make it as nice after spending another 20k/25K.  I just don't get it!

If the market is soft, it CAN'T be due to Gas prices.  Most of these cars are not driven that much.   In spite of the media's constant prognostications WE ARE NOT in a resession.
Slow growth maybe, but not a reversal in negative economic indicators.

So that's not it.  Maybe the word has gotten out to prospective buyers that Corvair Owners are cheap.

Grumpy