<VV> Reviving a 67 Monza 110 auto coupe - "No-Go Show Boat"

Charles Lee Chaz at ProperProPer.com
Wed Aug 20 03:55:21 EDT 2008

Thanks guys !

Sounds like it going to be fun !

OK, maybe not exactly a "show boat" yet, but the LM is a pretty car, which
is why I kept it in my driveway all this time (actually saved her from the
crusher back then.)   The car looks good, like having pink flamingoes in my
yard for decoration, I've had my shapely Monza to decorate my driveway for
way too long.
Now it's time to bring her back to life...

You're right that the brakes should be first, but you're also right about
wanting to hear her run too.

When you say "stuck rings," do you mean stuck in their grooves, or stuck to
the walls ?  Or both ?
I'm hoping that turning it over manually a whole lot should distribute the
MMO / 30W enough that I won't break anything.

I used a siphon to get the fuel lines working, and I'll drain the tank
through the fuel line.
Since I have some OK gas in the tank, and it looks clean enough to run, I'm
banking that will that work until I tackle the tank job.
Taking the tank out sounds like a job that may have to wait - how
"dangerous" is it to put that off ?

Thanks again,
Charlie
67 Monza