<VV> Carol Ragsdale memorial

richard shank indyvair at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 21 09:38:52 EDT 2008

All - - -My wife Eileen and I attended the cruise-in and memorial for Carol Ragsdale in Elkhart last night.  We determined that we didn't know them because they live in the community next door and didn't belong to our Corvair club.  In talking to their friends we found that they were fairly new to Corvairs and purchased it from a family member.  They were part of a small group people who each drove different makes of automobiles.  We signed the guest book representing Corvairs and Corsa.  Ken Ragsdale was not able to attend as he is still in the hospital with much more substantial injuries than those reported in the news article.
I talked briefly with the couple who were following the Ragsdales but they were still too grief-stricken to talk about the accident.
Bond has been set but as far as I know the driver of the other car is still in jail.
What a waste of a beautiful life - -  -Dick Shank