<VV> E-bay sellers........Rewards for free shipping on your Corvair parts

Charles Lee Chaz at ProperProPer.com
Thu Aug 21 13:33:16 EDT 2008

Rewards for free shipping: For whom, exactly ?

I was wondering how eBay's legal team would get around not profiting from
shipping charges ?

So, now they will "give" free subtitles (50 cents) in exchange for "free
shipping" because that really means that your Corvair parts will now have
the shipping as part of the price, and they get paid for that !

I wonder how much they paid their accountants and legal staff for that
little gem ?

And what if I want to accept someone's check ?  Do I still have to pay
PayPal anyway ?

I remember when I bought my 69 Monza, I wanted to pick it up in Detroit
myself, and visit the plant etc, plus save the shipping.
"Heck no," said the UAW and the truckers !  You can pick it up, but you
still have to pay us anyway.
I guess PayPal/eBay took a lesson from the good old boys in the unions, who
want to get paid whether they do the work or not !  (I didn't know that was
a gummint job !)