<VV> security system / ignition cut off

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Fri Aug 22 10:48:56 EDT 2008

>  "Only I know how to start my car".
>However, I want it to be simple so it won't fail and disable me on the road.

Most people who would try to steal a Corvair are not that intelligent - a
simple toggle switch is sufficient. A  simple DPDT (double pole double
throw toggle switch) that also wires the door switch to the horn while
disabling the ignition will be sufficient for most joyriders. It does need
to be hidden and some place you can reach when out of the car (or have a
time delay relay on the horn part). A professional will show up with a tow
truck but most will be after easier cars to fence.

BTW after a long absence I have my Corvair back and hope to be more productive.

Padgett