<VV> main valve body on powerglide

cfm cfmann at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 25 11:52:01 EDT 2008

I am reassembling the main valve body on my powerglide after repairing the e-ring (aka locating ring) and getting it ready to put it back on the car.
I swear when I disassembled it I had only one valve using a snap ring. So I am reading ahead on page 7-37 of the 1965 Shop Manual and it shows two snap rings (item marked 12), one for the pressure regulator valve and one for the low drive regulator drive. Specifically,  I am positive that I had one for the low drive regulator when I took it apart and know that I need that to keep it down in the the bore. The one in question is the second snap ring for the pressure regulator valve (as show in the diagram). I do not recall a snap ring for this valve assembly. I remember that this one pressed against the hydraulic modulator (booster) valve.
Even if I had a second ring, and I am looking at the pressure regulator valve spring retainer (item number 18) I can't even see where one would go in the first place.
What am I missing here?
-chris mann
69 monza 'vert 110/pg