<VV> Battery cranking power ?

Charles Lee Chaz at ProperProPer.com
Mon Aug 25 15:37:58 EDT 2008

On my 67 Monza 110 that I am resuscitating, the engine cranks fine with no plugs (to spin her a lot to get the rings free and easy)

However, when I first tried to do this with plugs, but no wires, to keep the Mystery Oil in the cylinders from blowing out, it cranked like a dead battery (which it isn't), turning the crank less than 10-20 degrees before going into "click" mode.

The battery is from a newer car (1996 2.0 DOHC car), and maybe does not have the cranking power that is required for the Corvair engine ?

Any thoughts on this ?

Thanks for the help,
Charlie