<VV> Valve Lash

Harry Yarnell hyarnell1 at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 26 08:17:08 EDT 2008

You have opened a can of worms!
One turn down from zero lash, and you're done. Do it static (engine not
running). Some folks use 1/2 turn, some a 1/4. The BOOK calls for one turn.
The BOOK calls for leaving the engine at #1 TDC, and adjusting specific
valves; then cranking it one turn (of the crank), and adjusting the rest.
I like to set each cylinder at TDC and adjust just that cylinder, and move
on to the next one, as I'm easily confused...

Harry Yarnell
Perryman garage and orphanage
Perryman, MD
hyarnell1 at earthlink.net