<VV> CRANK TIMING

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Tue Aug 26 12:14:34 EDT 2008

In a message dated 8/26/2008 5:00:56 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
eandp at mindspring.com writes:

For  reasons that I have never clearly understood, the 140 powerglide crank
gear  actually RETARDS the cam about 3-4 degrees.    Retarding a cam  gives you
less on the bottom end and more at higher revs where your engine  will
infrequently run.

Travis and all,
This is fully explained in my book, CORVAIR SECRETS. it is too long to
repeat here. Get a copy of the book and then you will know how and why Chev
retarded the cam on the 140 hp PG engine.
Regards,
Bob Helt

deal here.