<VV> Speedo Squeal

Dave Thompson dave.thompson at verizon.net
Tue Aug 26 21:14:40 EDT 2008

OK people,

I DID have the noisy speedo low on the priority list. However, with all the
suggestions, I went out and removed the inner cable tonight. It had a large
amount of orange rust powder on it. After I cleaned it up, I squirted WD40
down the housing and replaced the cable. After a drive of about 10 miles I
have heard nothing. I think I've got it. This weekend, I will be under the
car so while I'm there I'll remove the cable from the rear axle and flush
out any rust powder from top to bottom with WD40.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Now I've got to remove the steering wheel and lube the top bearing to stop
that squeak.

Dave Thompson

63 Spyder Vert (with a quiet speedo)

Westminster, CA