<VV> Speedo Squeal

Dave Thompson dave.thompson at verizon.net
Wed Aug 27 00:19:52 EDT 2008

GREAT!
Thanks for the tip. See guys, THAT'S why I asked the very simple question. I
knew what to do and how to do it. But I would have used less appropriate
lube for the job.

I'm mechanically inclined and not afraid to tackle almost any job on the
Vair. It's just that I have never "been there done that". It's great to
discuss a project with experienced and knowledgeable people to get their
opinions. That way I can hopefully do things the right way the first time.

Thanks to all,

Dave Thompson
63 Spyder vert
Westminster, CA

[SNIP]

Actually, the WD40 will not last nearly as long as the cable lube you can
get at the FLAPS.  It is messy to work with, but since you are going as far
as you are, why not use it?  It contains graphite suspended in ??? (a very
thin grease?).  Pull the inner cable out (top end) - squirt the lube in the
cable housing and give it some time to settle in.  Push the inner portion
back in (adding more lube as it goes in) and hook things up at the bottom
and top ends.  You need to be careful not to get the lube on anything
important (like your upholstery or carpet).

Later, JR

[SNIP]

 while I'm there I'll remove the cable from the rear axle and flush