<VV> 66 Monza 110 PG engine - sounds like big problems

Jedd Hebrink jhebrink at anvilcom.com
Wed Aug 27 14:34:47 EDT 2008

 Thanks JR,
I had the engine completely disassembled, the crank ground, and rebuilt it
with new bearings, cylinders, rods, pistons, etc.  Did nothing to the heads
except power wash them.  This project started a few months ago when the #3
rod cap broke and peeled over at 90 degrees.  I learned later that the spark
plug was blown out on that cylinder and had to use a helicoil insert.

I did not use plastigage when assembling.  I guess I should have, but I
though I was okay because I was using new .010 bearings to match the ground
crank and rods.

The suggestion that it may be dirt in a carb is encouraging.  I will explore
that further tonight and let you know what I find.  I did not notice any
temp difference from one side to the other, but I will pick up a temp gauge
and see if they differ.

Thanks a lot for your advice.
Jedd