<VV> 100 Octane Fuel

henry kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Wed Aug 27 21:56:40 EDT 2008

Joe
Low Lead Av gas is a bit more, close to 5.00--but it's got LEAD in it. Lead
cures many ills of the Corvair engine. nice coatings on things like valves.
Nice grey coating in the tail pipe, and many groans and ticks and odd engine
noises seem to disappear after you've run a whole tankful through.  or even
mix it 50/50 with 93 pump gas, you still have a nice (yet illegal) fuel to
run.

NO WAY was all the tetraethyl lead that was in pump gas in the 50's and 60's
necessary.

I helped clean out the gas tank of a 48 Packard that had sat with a full gas
tank for 30 odd years in the 90's.

  The tank had about a 4inch think grey soup in the bottom of it.  Had to
cut a hole in it to get it all out. wore gloves but I got some on me as did
everyone who worked on the thing.  I have the dr still checking my blood for
lead.

Take a 5 Gal. can to a private or small public airport and tell them it's
for your dirt track car, they'll sell it to ya.  They don't break the law
selling it, but if you put in your street car, you do break the law in most
states.

It's nice to see how the car runs with gas that is closer to the pump gas of
the 60's than anything else available.  It does make a difference.

Oh, and BITE ME! if anyone's ecological sensibilties have been chafed by the
mere mention of this contribution.

Hank