<VV> 100 Octane Fuel

PatioMatt at aol.com PatioMatt at aol.com
Wed Aug 27 23:05:48 EDT 2008

In a message dated 8/27/2008 6:07:55 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
dave.thompson at verizon.net writes:

I just found a gas station in Ontario, California that has a separate  gas
pump that dispenses 100 octane fuel for about 20 cents more than their  91
octane premium. It is about 40 miles from my home. That got me  thinking.

Most likely it is 100 octane Unleaded.. good and legal....Most Race Gas  sold
in drums  / at tracks... you have your choice of lead or not..   Our Vairs
never needed Lead... it does nothing for us.....

Mix it... run it straight...and YES,  you'll need to advance the
timing.....unless you have a Knock detector / eliminator system other than a  SafeGuard...

There is NO  more Energy / Power in High Octane fuel... it's  actually
DIRTIER.....harder to ignite....

You are in the LA  area... get with Ray Sedman or Jeff Ballard to  recurve
your distributor  to optimize it for todays fuels...things have  changed bigtime
in the last 40 years..

Matt  Nall
All Vairs!
Web Tinyurl.com/3ds7d
somewhere between Sea  Mountain and Coos Bay.  OR.

deal here.