<VV> Steering Wheel

Dave Thompson dave.thompson at verizon.net
Fri Aug 29 03:52:02 EDT 2008

Mark,
I just refurbished my steering wheel. It wasn't too big of a job. The wheel
started as an ugly ratty old thing. I used 5-minute epoxy, thinned to fill
the cracks and sanded the heck out of it. I then painted it with black
appliance paint out of a rattle can. I wet-sanded between each of four coats
of paint. I heated each coat up in the oven about 150 degrees (while my wife
was out of town). It turned out great.

Take great care removing the chrome clips if you have them. They bend and
won't snap back on tightly. They also break easily. (Don't ask how I know).
I used a small dab of 5-minute epoxy to hold one loose one; 2000 miles and
its still there.

As for the horn ring, look for the best you can find.

Dave Thompson
63 Spyder vert
Westminster, CA