<VV> Fuel pump recommendation?

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sun Aug 31 09:01:32 EDT 2008

I think your neighbor is full....

I don't know if Vaseline will protect the rubber. It is not recommended
for those other latex personal items!

The fuel pump rubber will dry up, but it will take years. A non-issue to me.

Also note to OP, most fuel pumps fail from leaking.  If it isn't
leaking, you can test the pump in your hand by covering the inlet and
pushing the plunger. If suction develops, it probably is a good pump.
Similarly, cover the outlet and check for pressure.

Vaseline is a petrolium product, and is dissolved by gasoline. It will
pass through the fuel system. It also is cut by engine oil. It is the
shop manual recomended stuff to pack a Buick oil pump with during
rebuilding to insure priming of the oil pump.

Frank DuVal