<VV> Aviation fuel (gas) in Corvairs

Roger Gault r.gault at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 1 22:45:48 EST 2008

Back in the 60's and 70's we ran 91 and 100 octane avgas in our cars quite a
bit.  We saw some valve burning problems in the water cooled cars due to the
low lead content, but that's not a problem with the hard seats in the
Corvair head.  Should be no problem - except, of course, you don't pay any
of the highway maintenance related gas taxes, so it's illegal.

Roger