<VV> hard starting when Closing shokes

PatioMatt at aol.com PatioMatt at aol.com
Tue Dec 2 17:50:38 EST 2008

In a message dated 12/2/2008 2:29:46 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
jciampi at embarqmail.com writes:

I guess these Corvairs don't need a "one time push on the gas pedal" to
start the car when cold. Mine, so it seems refuses to start that way when cold
(meaning that it has not been started in a day or two). It acts like it is
flooded. Today I went out and without hitting the gas pedal at all, I cranked  the
engine and it started immediately. Is that normal with these cars?   As I
said before, I am a "newbie" with the "Vairs"
================================

 As you see by the SUBJECT  change.....  when you step  on the gas pedal one
tine.. it allows the Chokes to Close

  You need to check those....

 Also check to see if your carbs are flooding [  gas  dripping  from small
tubes when at idle]

  If it started immediately... then ran terrible and smoked BLACK  smoke.. it
would be the Choke Pulloffs...

 All Vairs that I own that are set for mileage.... take 3-5 pumps  on a cold
morning to start....then fast idle at 1100-1300 rpm until the chokes  start to
open...

Matt  Nall
All Vairs!
Visit my Webpages!  tinyurl.com/The-Patio
somewhere between Sea Mountain and Coos Bay.  OR.

AOL.com.