<VV> timing plate markings

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Wed Dec 3 01:37:11 EST 2008

In a message dated 12/2/2008 7:29:57 PM Pacific Standard Time,
HallGrenn at aol.com writes:

Well '65  AC cars had them and I suspect '66 AC models did too.

Bob  Hall

You sure, Bob? My 66 A/C 140 didn't have anything special.  It used a
standard 330 140 distributor (from the factory) and was  no different than a standard
140.  18 degrees initial advance, I  believe. I remember hearing from Mark
that the 67 A/C cars had a special  distributor advance that started at an
initial setting of something like 24  degrees. That would need a "plated" rear
cover, like the turbos. But I don't  remember the 65s or 66s having anything
special as a distributor in the A/C  cars.

Seth  Emerson

C's the Day! - Corvair, Camaro, Corvette

AOL.com.