<VV> timing plate markings- Jay's

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 3 13:00:41 EST 2008

Jay Ciampi wrote:

> Guys, I found out for sure that my timing marks are embossed into the
> block, not riveted on as i thought before. I just took a good look at
> the marks this morning.
>
> OK, my engine code is :  T0415RG
>
> I know, from the Basics Book, that the engine was built at Tonawanda
> on April 15.  I looked further and the  "RG" means it is a 1965-68  95
> HP engine.   I am getting there. I am slow, but I am old and never had
> a Corvair before. This block is a replacement for the original one.  I
> guess that is common among this brand and model.

So Jay has answered a few questions -- I've never had one, but thought
the extended plate was special on the "late" late A/C cars, '67 up.
Don't know why ...   For winter driving, a heater (defroster) is
required where I live, A/C is optional -- nice, but optional.

Jay's no choke starting may have to do with him being in Florida --
maybe the oranges haven't frozen yet.

Bill Strickland