<VV> hard starting

RoboMan91324 at aol.com RoboMan91324 at aol.com
Thu Dec 4 14:02:40 EST 2008

Jay,

Pre-Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) cars seem to have personalities when it
comes to starting procedures.  Sometimes EFI cars also have personalities.  It
seems they develop more personality as they age.  I have looked at many cars
over the years and fairly often, the owners tell me the proper starting
procedure for their particular car.  If your car starts up consistently without
touching the gas pedal, then that is the "personality" of your particular car in
your particular Florida environment.  Just go with it.  Of course, if you take a
trip to the land of the Snow Birds or you have a cold snap, you may have an
issue if your chokes aren't working properly.

My Fxxd has multipoint EFI and it has had a starting personality since new.
If you hit the starter, it might take 3 seconds to start.  However, if you hit
the starter for a fraction of a second, stop and then hit the starter again,
it starts instantly.  Strange.

Doc
1960 Vette; 1961 Rampside; 1962 Rampside; 1964 Spyder coupe; 1965 Greenbrier;
1966 Corsa Turbo Coupe; 1967 Nova SS; 1968 Camaro ragtop
In a message dated 12/2/2008 2:29:58 PM Pacific Standard Time,