<VV> back firing

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 5 08:22:28 EST 2008

What you have is called an after fire. It is caused by excessive gasoline (vapors) that are not burnt in the cylinders and is then ignited by the fire coming out of the exhaust when you back off the throttle. It usually goes bang inside the muffler.

 Why is (I guess) too rich a mixture or one of the carbs is putting too much fuel in when it should be closed? What does Grant say?

 Anybody else have an idea?
 MIKE KOVACS