<VV> 12 volt heaters.........400 watt?

corvairduval at cox.net corvairduval at cox.net
Fri Dec 5 16:46:46 EST 2008

Matt, so how do the golf cart batteries recharge? If from the car
alternator/generator, you still only have a source of 30 to 37 amps (exc.
A/C models or later alternator modifications). The main battery will still
go dead when driving if headlamps, ignition (kinda needed if the engine is
runnning!), and other items are in use.

Now, if you plan on recharging the golf cart batteries at home, run time
will be longer, but still a losing battle.

Frank DuVal

dpleau at wavecable.com writes:

That's about 30 amps, pretty high usage if the car has its original 37  amp
alternator.  It would probably need its own feed from the  battery.

 Actually a  pair of   Golf Cart Batteries [ 2  x  200 amphours at 6 vdc
each
]  will suffice and can be fed from  the Horn relay feeder....

   This heater has a T-stat?  I won't work  continuously?

Matt  Nall
All Vairs!
Visit my Webpages!  tinyurl.com/The-Patio
somewhere between Sea Mountain and Coos Bay.  OR.